Pages

Saturday 18 September 2010

aku dan beirut

Bismillah.


It's being quite some time since I last wrote at this blog. Raya la kata kan.haha

Idea banyak tapi tak de mood nak tulis.haha

Sekarang pun malas lagi sebenarnya tapi kesian la pada siapa2 yang tunggu,(ade ke?hahaha)

anyway, i read this experience from somewhere. It might be happen to me.

***************************************************************************************
Assalaamu 'Aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu ya Ikhwati

Some of you have already been informed by my family about what happened to me in
Lebanon during the last trip. For all others, I hereby send you a short summary including a stern travel warning to this mad country. During my last week in deportation detention, I met so many foreigners (Europeans and Arabs), having been arrested at the airport for nothing! It seems that their dungeons are more populated that their capital Beirut. And: All of them are suffering from extreme paranoia, probably a long-terme consequence of their stupid civil war. And: I din't knew how much they hate our Palestinian brothers. Wow, I haven't met a Jew, who hates them to that extent. May Allah curse the state of Lebanon!

What happend on the
19th of Nov.:

I arrived in Tripolis coming from
Beirut and Byblos on the 17th of Nov, roamed around the historic town the whole 18th of Nov. On the 19th I was scheduled to visit the Palestinian refugee camp "al Beddawi" 5Km north of Tripolis. I took my rent-car and parked it outside the camp. Then I went on foot to the official entrance, where I requested permission for entering the camp. The PLO gunmen told me to sit down, have a tea and discuss with them. This is what we did. I showed them my IDs (university) and passport. After a while they took me to their security chief inside the camp, where he interrogated me once again. He finally told me that I was welcome, I would just need a formal permit from the army. So he asked me, if I would like to go with them to the army hq nearby in order to get the permit. I agreed, didi not see any problem, since everything was legal and all papers of course in order.

They brought me to a checkpoint outside the camp, where they were waved down by some soldiers on duty. They took me out of the PLO car and sent me with a unit of the army intelligence to their hq. There I was interrogated and registered for the rest of the day. In the evening - they didn't know what to do with me, since all was ok - a convoy with heavily armed security arrived. The chief of staff came personally in order to check my file. He asked me aggressively how I could convert to Islam and why I had a beard etc. Finally he ordered my "tawqeef" and sent me blindfolded and handcuffed southward. I didn't know where they brought me, I wasn't told anything, except that I had no rights at all and that no one knew where I was brought to. No right to contact my embassy etc.

Since my embassy wasn't able to determine the extent of the baseless accusations against me (ranging from unspecified terrorism to spying for
Israel), my wife was advised to leave Egypt for the time until things have settled down. She is now with me back to Switzerland, where we expect our twins within the next couple of weeks, in shaa' Allah.

So I was hold hostage for 22 days on the groundfloor of the Ministry of Defense in Beirut, as I was told by my consul later. In addition to that, I spent an interesting night at the dungeon of the military court and seven nights in a deportation detention centre not far from the airport. Anyhow, it is needless to say, that I was finally released without any charges, that the ordeal was a pure horror, even for a strong brother - and that I have learned painful but important lessons about the state of
Arab culture and their perception of justice and good governance as well as the specific Lebanese hate against the Palestinians.

It will take some time to say what the consequences for me and my family will be. Our life including my studies have certainly been severely disrupted. In addition to this we face major political trials over here in Switzerland, as you certainly have noticed in international papers recently. I ask you to pray for us Muslims here in Switzerland and even more, that we soon may resume our life in Egypt.

Akhuuka Abu Nusaybah


Recent email (several weeks ago) dari dia lepas dia dapat tahu ana akan lead satu group ke Beirut untuk program Palestin


Wa 'Aleika Assalaam wr wb dear brother *****

Jazaak Allahu Chayran for your efforts! May Allah reward you!
Please note, that the Lebanese authorities may not appreciate your activities. Therefor it is absolutely important for your own security that you arrange any visits to the
refugee camps with the Ministry of Defense. Don't every try to enter any camp without permission! Please! I know what I am talking about.

I was down there last November. As a regular history student, I visited some camps (Sabra and Chatila) without problems. Once I approached the northern Baddawi Camp (Tripolis) I was arrested by the Miltary Intelligence Service, although I didn't enter it. I just wanted to ask for permission! I spent 31 days inside the high security prison of the Ministry of Defense at Mount
Beirut! Please clear your activities first with the Lebanese dogs, otheriwse you might face the same destiny.

The major problem is, that the Lebanese realy hate the Palestinians. So, keep that in mind!

Hayyak Allah, your brother ******
*************************************************************************************************

Just pray for me.

3 comments:

IM said...

Selamat semua.

Keon Safaai said...

Hope you'll go there and come back as scheduled, safe and sound...
My prayers will always be with you.

afb said...

InsyaAllah selamat.