Pages

Monday 21 February 2011

Respect.

Bismillah,

I used to hold to one principal regarding respect.

We dont ask for respect but we gain it.

I hold it tightly so that if someone didn't respect me, I can think that may be I haven't done enough. But sometimes I hold the principal too tight that I didn't respect other people if I think they haven't done up to my standard. Or in other words, if someone didn't do their work correctly, I wouldn't be able to respect him regardless their age or status.

However, life isn't just black and white. I knew this statement ages ago but until recently I started to grasp what the meaning of it. I have to lessen the grip of my principal and started to think bigger rather than only about myself.

We are all know about Hassan al-Banna. There is one time when he is just about 20-30 years old, there one old guy meet him at his office and started to scold him because the old guy's son start to join Ikhwanul Muslimin. For me that was ridicolous and Hassan Al-Banna got ton of reasons to defend himself or even scold the old guy back. Well, to cut things short, when the old guy finish all his nonsense talk and about to going back to his home, surprisingly Hassan Al-Banna help to take the old guy shoes and put it in front of the old guyso that he can wear it easily. After that, there is no scolding from the old guy anymore.

Do ever heard about PKS( Partai Keadilan Sejahtera)? Well PKS is the 4th largest party in Indonesia(according to last year statistic). We will get back to PKS later.

There is one time in Indonesia, a car hit the car in front of him. If according to our sense, if we are at the car on the front, surely we will feel irritated because it's likely the back car is the one who didn't pay attention on the road. However, the front car driver stepped down from the car and started to say sorry and ask if everything is alright. He even ask if there is anything that he should pay to the back car. Seeing the attitude of the front car driver, the back car driver say it's nothing and the problem solved. When the back car driver enter his car, the old guy that sat in his car just say,'that guy surely from PKS. No doubt about that.'.

It's natural for us to not respecting others if there didn't do the right thing in our eyes but when we able to keep our akhlak and just give our respect to them, it's just a whole new level.

The level that can guide us to Jannah.

We might have a brilliant idea but if our words aren't brilliant, the idea is nothing.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Hassan Al-Banna is the leader of the Ikhwanul Muslimin at that time.




0 comments: