Pages

Thursday 3 March 2011

What I believe.


After like 5 months, I finally finish reading this book. The book is good but the language somehow is not at my level. Well, in the author defence, the book is disscussing about serious matter thus the complex languange. (or my english is just not good enough)

When I started to read this book, it feel kind off weird when people didn't understand what he's trying to say all this time because I think what he try to say is a simple message and every human by default should agree with it. But on a second thought, things are not that simple and people differ in thought for lot of reason and the reason why I always agree with him might be due to same 'fikrah'. So I started to apply what he saying in this book, 'accepting without judging'.

I learned lot of thing from this book and I highly recomend you to read this book but bear in mind his english is not really simple. One of the thing that he trying to say is why and how Islam is hard to accepted in US and Europe. His argument is very valid and seems like a good solution for me.

Somehow, I think the very same thing can be apply back in Malaysia. We manage to get independance for about 50 years. I live in Malaysia for like 20 years. But how many non-malay friend that I have? How many non-muslim friends that I have? I have become racist without I realise it for 20 years and violated what Quran told me to do. Maybe you guys should be asking yourselves the very same question, how many non-muslim you have in Malaysia?

And I manage to say that Malaysia are multicultural and independent country for 20 years.

Am I pathetic? Yes I do.

Alhamdulillah for allowing me to read this book and open up my horizon and redefine my definition of racist.

1 comments:

Amal said...

how about u post sth about this 'racist' matter from ur own perspective so that everyone can benefit?? hehe..